You are what you eat, and so am I.

17.4.10

Saturday: Dessert & Leftovers

Rice Crispy Treats

4 tablespoons butter
1 package mini marshmallows
7 cups Rice Crispies

Of course Rice Crispy Treats are an easy item to make. Melt the butter in a very large pot, then add the marshmallows and melt them (don't let them get too hot or they'll burn!). Then add the Rice Crispies, stir very well, and pour them into a greased (sprayed with oil) large baking dish or pan.

I decided to get fancy with mine and drizzle them with chocolate. To keep the chocolate soft, I added a tablespoon or so of butter to the mixture. I melted my chips in a small metal bowl, placed in a medium pot with about an inch of water. This is my make-shift "double boiler." It helps prevent the chocolate from burning.

1 large handful chocolate chips; 1-2 tablespoons butter

Once melted, I quickly took a spoon and essentially splatter painted the top of the treats. Once everything was cooled off, I cut the treats into 2-3 inch squares and piled them high on a plate. Yum!

Finally Finished Truffles!

I'd had this truffle filling sitting in my fridge for a very long time. I finally took it out, used a melon ball to scoop little circles, and dipped it in the melted chocolate above. They tasted delicious, but the extra butter in the chocolate coating prevented the outside from hardening. We still ate them all up!

More Samosas

I some how managed to triple the samosa filling I made the other day... I guess that's what I get for no following the recipe! It was a luck mistake, because they were delish. I bought more pie crust and made another batch.

No comments:

All contents on this page copyright (c) Alegra Marcel Bartzat 2007, 2008.