You are what you eat, and so am I.

7.4.10

Wednesday: Pasta & Greens

I made some butternut squash pasta the other day that was delicious, and all I did was add red sauce! I still had about half the box left, and I thought I could make it even better by getting healthy-gourmet with the toppings.

1/2 box butternut squash & parmesan raviolis (dry)
1/2 pound blue cheese
1 small bunch dinosaur kale
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
A few tablespoons of water

Boil the ravioli according to instructions (ie: boil for 15 minutes).

Put the butter in a pan, heat it, chop the kale quickly, and add it to the pan with the garlic and water. Cook for the same 15 minutes (or a little longer, until soft). Add the blue cheese and melt.

Strain the pasta, then add to the pan with the kale and mix it all together.

Marshall really liked this version, but I actually preferred the red sauce! I thought the blue cheese overpowered the squash...
It took about 20-25 minutes total, and I had a large serving leftover.

No comments:

All contents on this page copyright (c) Alegra Marcel Bartzat 2007, 2008.