You are what you eat, and so am I.

21.3.10

Sunday: Easter Eggs Early

In preparation for my Pre-Easter Picnic brunch, I decided to make my boiled eggs and color them the week before. This was because of the crazy week I knew was approaching at work...the week before Science Festival.

I did the mainstream thing, and used Paas Egg Dye. I bought two boxes, and with one box I followed the instructions for "pastel", and on the other I followed the instructions for "bold" (or "vivid" or some similar description).



What I learned was that you should not waste your time with pastels. You should use the bold instructions, because then it just takes a quick dip to turn out pastel. Following the usual directions, it takes MINUTES for pastel using the pastel instructions and MINUTES for the vivid using the vivid instructions. That's minutes holding an egg halfway in the bowl of dye if you are trying to do something creative. Instead, just use the vivid instructions, and hold the eggs briefly for pastel colors.






Those eggs on the bottom spent more than 5 minutes in the bold dye... but I just completely submerged them.

No comments:

All contents on this page copyright (c) Alegra Marcel Bartzat 2007, 2008.