You are what you eat, and so am I.

31.3.10

Wednesday: Post Happy Hour Greens

I had a case of the post happy hour blues. This is when you go to happy hour, but all the food is junky. You of course eat it anyway, since you are there to socialize. But afterwards you feel nasty. The best answer (if you are not so full that you think you will burst) is the post happy hour greens.

In this case, we had gone to Trulucks, a seafood joint in the UTC area. It was probably ok, but I'm a vegetarian. Even though I make a lot of exceptions, I also don't really like seafood, so there wasn't much of an incentive this time. I am also battling a cold, so I didn't feel like drinking. As an after thought, I probably should have stayed home, but I was so eager to hang out with my new neighbor-friends that I eagerly said yes! But all I ate was sweet potato fries (delicious), and a carrot cupcake (also good). Despite their tasty-ness, I felt incomplete. I needed the post happy hour greens.

Post Happy Hour Greens

The main thing is the cut up something green, season it, and cook it.

1 small head broccoli
4-6 leaves kale (I used dinosaur)
3 small purple potatoes
garlic flakes
nutritional yeast
havarti
white wine
soy sauce
butter

Cut the potatoes very thinly. They take a while to cook, but I was going to put all this in one pan. They had to be thin to cook faster than the broccoli. Chop the broccoli coarsely. Chop the kale. Sprinkle the garlic & nutritional yeast on top. Sprinkle some white wine and soy sauce. Grate half a block of cheese and chop a few small pats of butter. Mix it up, put it in the oven at 350. I baked dfor 20 minutes with foil and maybe 30 without. They were well done. I actually forgot about them after I took the foil off, but they turned out delicious. A minute longer and they would have been on the burned side.

No comments:

All contents on this page copyright (c) Alegra Marcel Bartzat 2007, 2008.